Tantallon Castle (3)
TANTALLON CASTLE (3) was built in 1954 by Harland & Wolff at Belfast with a tonnage of 7448grt, a length of 494ft 6in, a beam of 65ft 10in and a service speed of 16 knots.
She was launched on 22nd October 1953 and entered service in 1954 on the South Africa - USA/UK service.
After 17 years service she was, in October 1971, sold to Aria Shipping Company of Famagusta, and renamed Aris II and in 1972 her name became Aris.
In August 1978 she arrived at Aioi in Japan for breaking up by Ishikajima Kogyo K.K.