Tintagel Castle (1)
TINTAGEL CASTLE (1) was built in 1896 by Fairfield Ship Building & Engineering Co. at Govan with a tonnage of 5531grt, a length of 425ft 2in, a beam of 50ft and a service speed of 15 knots.
Sister of the Avondale Castle she was launched for the Intermediate service.
In September 1912, together with her sister, she was sold to Cie. de Navigation Sud-Atlantique for their Bordeaux to South America service and renamed Liger.
In 1921 she was replaced by the Mosella and broken up at Genoa in 1923