CRAWFORD CASTLE was built in 1910 by Northumberland Shipbuilding Co at Newcastle with a tonnage of 4464grt, a length of 380ft, a beam of 49ft and a service speed of 10 knots.
She was built as the Hova for F. S. Holland & Co. and acquired by Union-Castle in 1917 who renamed her Crawford Castle.
In October 1926 she was the first Union-Castle ship to dock in the new harbour at Kilindini, Mombasa.
She was sold to W. Kunstmann of Stettin in 1930, renamed Victoria W. Kuntsmann and broken up in 1937.
As Victoria W Kunstmann