6556 gross tons, length 471 ft x beam 60.7 ft, one funnel, two masts, single screw, speed 15 knots, accommodation for 12 passengers.
Launched by Lady Rotherwick on 31st Oct.1951 for the Clan Line of Steamers, she was completed by John Brown & Co, Clydebank (yard No.666) in Mar.1952.
In 1976 she was sold to Renown Bay Shipping Co., Panama (Hong Kong owned and part of the Wallem group), renamed EASTERN EXPRESS.
On 22nd Dec.1979 on passage La Spezia to Cagliari, Sardinia she grounded at Marina di Carrara on the Italian coast and was declared a total loss (cost of salvage and repairs exceeding the insurance value of the ship).
[Merchant Fleets, vol.33 by Duncan Haws]
An oil painting, part of a set for a retired Radio Officer