Richmond Castle (2)


RICHMOND CASTLE (2) was built in 1944 by Harland & Wolff in Belfast with a tonnage of 7971grt, a length of 474ft 2in, a beam of 63ft 3in and a service speed of 16 knots.

Sister of the Rowallan Castle she was delivered on 28th September 1944 and operated on the refrigerated fruit run until 1971 when she was sold to Chinese shipbreakers for £146,280 and arrived at Shanghai on 27th August 1971.

Union-Castle Ships Home Page Union-Castle Staff Home Page
Previous Page Next Page Home Page Enter The Staff Register Enter The Ship Register