ARUNDEL CASTLE (3) was built in 1894 by Fairfield Ship Building & Engineering Co. at Govan with a tonnage of 4588grt, a length of 415ft, a beam of 45ft 9in and a service speed of 15 knots.
She was completed for the Castle Steam Packets Co. Ltd with D. Currie & Co. as managers. She transferred to the merged Union-Castle company in March 1900 and in 1905 was sold to East Asiatic Co. (Det Ostasiatiske Kompagni) of Copenhagen for their Far East service and renamed Birma. In December 1907 she was transferred to their subsidiary company Russian East Asiatic Co. and renamed Mitau or Mitawa (alternative spelling).
She was laid up in August 1914 and reverted to East Asiatic and Burma in 1918. In 1921 she was sold to the Polish Navigation Co. of Danzig, renamed Jozef Pilsudski and after a refurbishment was placed on their New York to Danzig service. In November of the same year she was arrested at Kiel for non-payment of the refurbishment cost and as the payment was not made, was sold and renamed Wilbo.
She was eventually broken up in Italy during 1924.