STETTIN was built in 1854 by Barclay, Curle & Co. at Glasgow with a tonnage of 759grt, a length of 222ft, a beam of 29ft 1in and a service speed of 9 knots.
She was built for the Leith, Hull & Hamburg S.P. Co's North Sea trade.
In 1876 she was equipped with 50 emigrant berths and placed on the Cape route to replace the Windsor Castle which had been lost but reverted to her former route in 1879 when she herself was replaced by the Dunkeld, the emigrant berths being removed.
She was re-engined with a triple expansion engine and had her yards removed in 1879 and continued in service until 1933 when she was broken up at Bo'ness, Firth of Forth..