TITAN was built in 1898 by Day, Summers & Co. at Northam near Southampton with a tonnage of 151grt, a length of 100ft and a beam of 21ft 1in.
She was built as a tug and tender for disembarking passengers at Durban and became part of the Union-Castle fleet in 1900 when the companies merged.
In 1902 she was sold to African Boating Co. Ltd. for continued service at Durban but with port of registry remaining at Southampton.
By 1912 she was owned by Beira Boating Co. Ltd of Southampton , with W. Borders as managers, undertaking similar duties at Beira in Mozambique.
Her managers became W. Barr in 1918 and she was finally broken up locally in 1930.