J D Jeffries
DUBLIN CASTLE was was built in 1877 by Robert Napier & Sons at Glasgow with a tonnage of 2805grt, a length of 342ft 4in, a beam of 38ft 4in and a service speed of 10 knots.
Sister of the Dunrobin Castle she was completed for the mail service in May 1877.
In 1882 she was sold to Cia. Trasatlantica for their Havana to New York service and renamed Santo Domingo.
During July 1898 she was wrecked off the Isla des Pinos near Cienfuegos in Cuba.
A wood engraving from Illustrated London News
A wood engraving from Graphic