Pembroke Castle (1)


PEMBROKE CASTLE (1) was built in 1863 by Robert Napier & Sons at Glasgow as a three masted ship with a tonnage of 1171grt, a length of 208ft 2in, and a beam of 33ft 10in.

She was delivered to Donald & Currie & Co. for the Liverpool to Calcutta service and transferred to the London to Calcutta service in 1865. In 1883 she was sold to Charles Barrie & Co. of Dundee, renamed Glasgow and reduced to a barque rig.

On 25th December 1893 she was dismasted and abandoned off the Scilly Isles during a voyage from Carrizal in Chile to Middlesbrough.

Castle Line Home Page
Previous Page Next Page Go to Home Page South American Saint Line Springbok Line Castle line Union Steamship Co Union-Castle Line inc Union Line and Castle Line Scottish Tankers Scottish Shire Line Safmarine Mail Ships Houston Line Hector Whaling Co Clan Line Steamers Cayzer Irvine/CI Shipping Bullard King B & C Home Page Bowater Steamship Co Select Crew Lists King Line Steamship Co