AROS CASTLE was built in 1901 by Barclay, Curle & Co. at Glasgow with a tonnage of 4460grt, a length of 392ft 4in, a beam of 48ft 7in and a service speed of 10 knots.
A cargo ship she entered service in August 1901 on the South Africa - USA route.
On 21st November 1917 she was torpedoed by U-90 300 miles west of Bishop Rock during a voyage from London to Baltimore in ballast with the loss of two lives.
The following names are listed at the
Merchant Navy Memorial at Tower Hill