Corfe Castle


CORFE CASTLE was built in 1901 by Barclay, Curle & Co. at Glasgow with a tonnage of 4592grt, a length of 401ft 8in, a beam of 48ft 27in and a service speed of 12 knots.

She was the last of the four ships built for cargo services, bringing the fleet strength in that department to seven.

Sold to W. Schuchmann of Hamburg in 1927 she was renamed Ostee and broken up in 1932.

Union-Castle Ships Home Page Union-Castle Staff Home Page
Previous Page Next Page Home Page Enter The Staff Register Enter The Ship Register